Rules and Regulations
- To be eligible for the contest, participants must be legal residents of Canada (except Quebec), the 50 United States, or the District of Columbia at the time of entry. The participants declare that they are a legal representative of the business they are applying for, which must be physically located in Canada (excluding Quebec), the 50 United States, or the District of Columbia at the time of entry. The following persons are excluded from the contest:
- Employees and executives of StickerYou Inc., and all persons with whom they reside.
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES
- Participation in the “Make It Better” contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contestant must be at least 18 years of age to qualify. Eligible participants may enter the contest in the following way:
- By visiting www.contest.stickeryou.com, completing all of the contest steps, filling out the entry form, clicking on the button that reads “I have read and accept the contest rules,” then clicking the button to validate their entry. Entry should contain the complete name, address, and telephone number of the contestant and the individual submitting the entry.
- The contest will last for no more than the specified time on the contest page.
HOW WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED
- Among the business submitted, a cast of judges will select 50 finalists, based on merit and suitability, to be considered as finalists for the voting stage. If there are not 50 suitable candidates to be selected, then a smaller number of finalists will be chosen. Then, a public vote will open and participants will vote between the 50 finalists on who they want to win. All 50 finalists will be featured on our contest site with an image and a story. Two grand prize winners will be chosen based on voting weight and judge approval—one from Canada and one from the U.S.—and be notified by telephone or email on or about September 22nd 2016. Here’s how our decision will be broken down:
- a) The decision is based on a criteria of quantity of votes, business initiative (how compelling is their story?; is the business willing to take initiative to work with us and send pictures?; etc.), and judge approval (our judges will analyze and decide on how well they fit with the spirit of small business).
- b) These three categories will be weighted as follows: 40% for votes, 30% for business initiative, and 30% for judge approval.
If the either winning businesses fail to appropriately respond to being declared the winner, as outlined in the General Conditions, the grand prize will default to the business with the second highest number of votes and judge approval in the respective country.
If winning businesses fail to appropriately respond to being declared the winner, as outlined in the General Conditions, the grand prize will default to the next most appropriate candidate.
- To be declared a winner, each participant selected by majority vote must meet the following conditions:
- Respond to telephone or email contact by the contest organizers within 2 business days following the decision to accept the prize.
- Confirm that they meet the eligibility conditions and other requirements of the Contest Rules (photo ID may be required).
- Be a legitimate small business with fewer than 100 employees who are hired locally.
- Sign the liability waiver (“Waiver Form”) that will be sent by the contest organizers by mail, fax or email (at the contest organizers’ discretion), and return it to them within two business days of receipt.
- Contestants do not have to pay to enter the competition and should note that product purchases do not affect chances of winning.
- Winning contestants must be willing to accept and participate in a professional shoot sponsored by StickerYou and in other promotional and marketing opportunities should they arise.
- Failure to comply with the above-mentioned terms or any other conditions herein will result in disqualification. In such case, the contest organizers may, at their discretion, cancel the prize or conduct a new draw until a participant is chosen and declared a winner. The same terms and conditions will apply and be adapted as necessary. If no participant is declared a winner within 60 days following the original selection, the contest organizers have the right to cancel the prize. If the number of winners is less than the number of prizes to be awarded, surplus prizes will be cancelled.
- Disqualification. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or to cancel one or more entries of a person if they participate or attempt to participate in this contest by using a means contrary to the Contest Rules or of a nature that is unfair to other participants (e.g., entries in excess of the allowed limit, impersonation). Such person may be reported to the legal authorities.
- Conduct of contest. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate conduct of the contest is a violation of civil and criminal law. If such attempts are undertaken, the contest organizers reserve the right to reject the participant’s entries and obtain redress under the law.
- Prizes. 2 final grand prizes will be awarded: one to a Canadian business and one to a US business. The grand prizes will include $2000 USD worth of product from StickerYou and an estimated PR value of $8000 USD from owned and earned media.
- Acceptance of prizes. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed from StickerYou within ninety (90) days of the contest end date. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- Limitation of liability: Use of prize. By participating in this contest, the winners release the contest organizers and persons on whose behalf the contest is held from any and all liability with respect to damages, harm or loss that may arise from receipt or use of the prize. Winners acknowledge that upon receipt of the prize or the letter naming them as winner, the execution of obligations in connection with the prize becomes the sole and complete responsibility of the various suppliers of products and services.
- Limit of liability: Conduct of contest. The contest organizers and persons on whose behalf the contest is held disclaim any responsibility relating to faulty computer components, software or communication lines; relating to the loss or absence of network communication; or relating to any faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased transmission by any computer or network that may limit or prevent the ability of any person to read the participation rules. They also disclaim any liability for any damage or loss caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by downloading any web pages or software or by the transmission of any information concerning contest participation. More specifically, if the administration, security, equity, integrity, or appropriate running of the contest is tainted or seriously affected, including by a virus, bug, alteration, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other reason, the contest organizers reserve the right, without notice, to cancel, modify, extend or suspend the contest.
- Limitation of responsibility: Situation beyond the organizers’ control. The contest organizers and persons on whose behalf the contest is held are not liable in all cases where their inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond their control, or from a strike, lock-out or any other labour conflict in the facilities of bodies or companies whose services are used to hold this contest.
- Modification of the contest. The contest organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate,modify, or suspend, in whole or in part, the contest if there is any event or any human intervention that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest as provided for in the Contest Rules. The contest organizers cannot be held liable in any way.
- Personal information. Participants’ personal information collected during the contest will be used for the administration of the contest and for StickerYou’s internal statistics. No communication, commercial or otherwise, unrelated to this contest will be sent to the participants, unless they have otherwise agreed.
- Severability. If a paragraph of the Contest Rules is declared or judged illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, this paragraph will be considered void, but all other unaffected paragraphs will be applicable to the extent permitted by law.